Sunday, January 11, 2015

Food Art - from a football cake to seasides and forests

Authors are creative and cooks are creative, or they need to be nowadays. When I first discovered The Art Of Speed-Reading People, my favourite book, I realised why I a better at decorating a cake than making a cake. I am an ENFP, a typical teacher, writer, journalist. Maybe you are one, or know one. If you see a woman in ballooning clothes in bright colours, chances are she is an extravert.

E for Extravert - interested in the outside world and other people.,

N for Intuitive (absent minded professor type who lives more in the past and future and prefers reading a cookery book and collecting cookery books to actually making a cake.

F - typical woman, feeler, makes judgements based on feelings rather than facts.

P - procrastinator, likes to gather all the facts, before making a decision. Hates to be committed to dates.

That brings me to my pictures. Most interested in food which looks interesting.

The more elaborate the food is, the more admirable. I like to learn new skills. I also seek practical ideas I can copy.

What could I and you copy from these pictures? Lettuce leaves upright as trees. Celery upright as trees. Broccoli as grass. Cheese blocks as cliffs.

http://www.foodnetwork.co.uk/article/28-fascinating-food-art-photos.html

Looking in Waitrose supermarket, I saw these birthday cakes. If you decide you simply want to admire cakes, you can find them ready made.


No comments: