Sunday, March 23, 2014

Cakes with marzipan and icing top needed for a photo cake for a birthday

Fruit cakes with marzipan topping and white icing like wedding cakes are widely available at Xmas. I looked at my favourite supplier, Marks & Spencer, because I wanted a proper fruit cake with marzipan and solid icing on top so I could order an edible photo and put it on top.
   I have a supplier of a sponge cake, plain sponge or chocolate sponge, with a great photo. But the topping is solid sugar and it's really not ideal in a family where people have had diabetes and cancer caused by a high sugar and junk food diet. Anyway, I just like nuts and marzipan.
   I found a German maker of marzipan cakes in Lubeck, a city known for marzipan, but the reviewer said the cake is tiny, only a one person size, not a birthday cake size for four or more people. So I am still searching.

   

No comments: