Sunday, February 16, 2014

Ghosts In Hospitals, Night Nurses, Lights, And The Afterlife

Alec Guinness, the actor, thought he saw the ghost of a woman in white in hospital.
1When I recovered from appendicitis in hospital I thought I had died and I saw an angel in white. I asked her, "Are you an angel?" She replied, "No, dear, I'm the night nurse."
2 After my late father died I discovered old copies of his opthalmic magazines. One edition had an article about patients claiming to see large head and faceless figures with large hats. This is a recognised medical condition. It's the result of the after image anybody gets when they stare at something and look away. A patient in hospital will stare up at a nurse leaning over them, surrounded by white light. The reverse image is a white figure against black. The large head is the distorted image of some eye conditions.

No comments: