Friday, April 8, 2011

Swearing


Today (April 8 2011) the UK's online Daily Mail reports that a footballer (who I won't name as I do not wish to give him publicity) swearing at a TV camera broadcasting live. A policeman said that if the footballer had said that in the street to a policeman the swearer would have got arrested.
I don't like swearing. I'm a teacher and can't afford to hear words and pick them up. Otherwise I would swear in front of children and audiences and the public every time I dropped a pencil.
It's ironic that a footballer is not supposed to swear on TV yet TV shows comedians swearing and TV serials and plays containing swear words.
I never watch TV now. For several months I just turned off every time I heard a swear word. Now I just don't watch.
I don't buy CDs or DVDs or books containing swear words. I also avoid the bar area of my local pub. Swearing is bad business, whether you are a footballer, a TV company or a pub.
The policeman is right. He couldn't swear at members of the public and they should not swear at him.

No comments: