Sunday, February 15, 2015

How to get your blog post noticed - mention Madonna or Beyonce

How do I get my blog post noticed? I asked the SEO experts in my family. They said, mention somebody well-known or famous. If somebody famous such as Beyonce or Madonna dined in your restaurant, that will get your blog post more attention than the food. That's why the Daily Mail has links to posts to famous people all down the right hand side.

We indulged in a little speculating on what else gets attention. Headlines which scream shocking.

That explains something which has always puzzled and annoyed me. When I trained as a journalist we were taught to be impartial when writing news, or even features. You should not say that a man is amazingly old, but that he is 113 years old. The reader can form their own conclusion.

Now I realise why the headlines scream. It is not ignorance, hysteria, amateur. It is marketing. Madonna would understand that.

Angela Lansbury B A Hons
Author, blogger, speaker.
See also LinkedIn, Youtube, Facebook, Lulu.com

No comments: