Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Recycling - growing food in gardens, landscaping edible gardens, recycling teeth and hair

I just did a survey on Survey Monkey on recycling and natural foods and protecting the environment. Some of these companies in your survey are USA and I'm in the UK. the survey could do with a box Add 'don't know' (US stores in UK). Please tell Survey monkey. thanks.

What do I want more of? I was hunting for natural food colour, having watched a YouTube video on home made Turkish Delight using red food colour. I know that beetroot and raspberries are good red colour. (Whatever causes unwanted stains, can be used deliberately to dye food or if edible to dye foods.)

Suggestions I read were cranberries, beetroot powder, or buying from suppliers of natural products.

More Recycling
 I'm also interested in using non damaging food colour and saving your teeth from decay by not eating sugar, not pulling teeth out and not inserting putting in metal nor mercury fillings.

I don't see the point in destroying things. I'd rather save elephant tusks than destroy them which just makes the few we have left more valuable and rare. Better to make plastic ones so widespread that it's not worth the bother of catching them.

People want to donate their own human organs after they die. We should be reusing our milk teeth.

What about saving hair cut at the hairdressers.

Also running classes on recycling - reusing clothes. Schools should teach recycling. In domestic science classes, more on using leftover food, storing leftover food.

Also growing plants from the prune stones and avocado stones we throw away. Turning rose petals and flowers into edible dishes. Growing more in gardens.

A few minutes after this blog I read the news and discovered a group of Chinese women called the Long-horn Miao save their mother's and grandmother's hair to make head dresses. 

No comments: