Friday, August 12, 2011

Route Planning Map & Directions

The RAC route planner site aerial view is good because it shows the kind of terrain, such as shops or woods.
I would like:
1) Clear indication of time travelled.
2) Clear list of directions like satnav as if from a passenger eg, a) Pass Paines Laine on your left, b) Passing park with trees and playground, signal turning left now, c) Turn left into two-lane Waxwell Lane.
3) I want landmarks I'll pass to know I'm on right route, eg, pass petrol station on left.
4) Aerial view shows rooftops but I want to see what I'm looking for when driving as on Google street maps eg the building's sign and front door, two storey frontage and style (eg black and white building, gabled timber building, brick building block of art deco flats with green tiled roof, or car park entrance.
5) I want directions for parking on arrival.
Is it yellow lines, nearest pay car park, or what?

No comments: