Thursday, September 3, 2009

Dating and Driving

Women are advised not to get into a man's car on the first date.

For safety reasons.



But many men need to be cautious for entirely different reasons. Many a date has foundered on first impressions, not helped by the car.

Does the car impress? Is it a business car, a white van, a family car, a sports car or what?

What does the car say about itself and the owner or driver?

1 I am clean and well looked after, inside and out.

2 I am borrowed,

3 I am second-hand and dented, liable to collapse at any moment.

4 The driver shouts at other people and calls them, 'Stupid idiot!"

5 The driver swears.

6 The driver's life is full of clutter, dirty things thrown everywhere.

7 The kids have filled this car and the driver's life with their toys and there is no room for anybody else. Don't even think of kissing - pink teddy bear is watching you.

8 I'm inefficient, have no concern for my own safety, the passenger's or anybody else's, steal, run our of petrol and don't pay tax.

9 I like dangerous sports, I'm wild and dangerous and so loud you can hear me coming a mile away and so can the neighbours.

10 I smell of smoke.

11 I am not insured but I have a superstitious emblem hanging across my field of vision where I should be watching the road.

12 Every comfort is provided, and music of your choice. Satnav will get us there on time and take you home safely.

13 The car seats go horizontal, my hand is on your knee, I'm racing the engine and if you don't jump out now you're in trouble.

Your car, like your photograph, and photos of your home, should show you as a a clean and well-organized person. My problems. Finally, watch out for the unnerving apology or joke intended to reassure which has the opposite effect. e.g.

'I'm very careful about driving and drinking because I don't want to lose my license again.'

Copyright Angela Lansbury

1 comment:

Allvira said...

Thanks for the mixture "Dating & driving". I think it has positive impact on both if anyone has its own car. Is it so?
What do you think?
Allvira,
--------------------
speeches